Thursday, November 11, 2004

11-11-04

Nothing much yet, looking at the SDKs and documentation for developing new blocks if it comes to that. Posted this on the eyesweb discussion board just now:

Hi all,

I'm trying to extract the points generated by the LKTracker to send their
coordinates through OSC to flosc, and then on to flash. Has anyone attempted
this before?

Ideally, I'd like to find some way to send the entire MoCapDataList for each
frame to OSC.

Barring that, I know that MoCap.Item.Extract lets me pull out values for an
individual point. Is there a way to send out that matrix through OSC?

I've been able to use Math.Matrix.GetEntry to pick out single values (i.e.
just the X or the Y coordinate), but they are meaningless outside the
context of each other. Is there a way to concatenate these values together
in a string which can then be transmitted with StringToOSC? I'd be willing
to incorporate a subpatch like this for every point tracked by the
LKTracker, if that's what it takes.

Thanks in advance, any tips/suggestions appreciated,

-swong


I'll have to see if I get any hits on that. I'd rather not have to learn C++ just for this one thing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home