Thursday, November 04, 2004

11-3-2004

I, for one, welcome our Republican Overlords.

Moving right along,

Had a bit of success extracting the matrix data from the mocap list coming off of the LK tracker; a mocap.item.extract pointing to the point label coupled with a math.matrix.display block shows me what sort of data is coming off of the LK block. Swapping in a pair of item extractors for the matrix display block lets me isolate the X and Y data to separate "channels." Tying in a string displayer for the label output on the mocap.item.extract lets me see what point is being tracked by that extractor block. In all, three data elements make up a point's location: the point's label, the X, and the Y; out of context, none of those means anything, so they all have to pull from the same input and they all have to go out together. I'd like to find a way to concatenate them together and send them out as a single string with OSC.

Trust me, it all makes sense on the screen.

This approach is a bit inelegant. Doing it this way will require me to have a subpatch (that whole mechanism in the preceding paragraph) for every point being tracked, some 40 in all at the moment. I'm keeping my eyes out for a block that will somehow export the whole list at once, though the only stuff I've found so far ports it as a somewhat complex data structure to java or C++. In the meantime, I may have to go with the inelegant solution of writing a new block in C++ that will concatenate two strings together. I'll try posting on one of the discussion boards; I'd be surprised if someone didn't write something like this a long time ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home